May 24, 2010
Taylor Hall, you and your mother melt my heart.
Congrats, Spits. Back to back champs.
December 28, 2009
The World Junior Championship kicked off on Boxing Day with a 16-0 blowout by Canada over the Latvians. It was worse than the Kazakhstan game I went to in Ottawa last year. I was one of only a few thousand people still standing up after the tenth goal. I love it. I think the reason I love watching Baby Canada obliterate smaller, unfortunate teams that no one knows their location is that I rarely get to see this on a daily basis with my team. The Ottawa Senators are shit. That’s why I take so much pride in my Baby Canadians, cause I know they’ll win for me. Reliability.
- Gabriel Bourque had seven points in the game against Latvia. He tied two other players for this record. Huge.
- Taylor Hall madness has started. Oh, how I’m excited for this. Johnny Taylor Fever.
- Jordan Eberle returns. Two goals the other night. He’s going on the back of my jersey.
- Patrice Cormier gets the ‘C’.
- Windsor Spitfires take over Canada. 3 Spits on the team.
- Ryan Ellis is still boss. No surprise there.
- Oh, and, that Jake Allen kid? I’m going to marry him.
- Jared Cowan makes the cut. Represent.
- The Other Schenn gets his crack at Gold. Maybe Luke will shut the fuck up one of these days and let Brayden have his moment.
- OH, HUGE NEWS. BRANDON MCMILLIAN MADE THE TEAM. That’s right. Tyler Myers may not be on the team this year, but his best friend is.
- Switzerland tonight. It’s already 2-0.
- GO CANADA GO!
- Oh look, Kadri just scored. WOOO. 3-0
- JORDAN EBERLE. 4-0