October 11, 2010
This is cute. Can’t wait for them to start holding hands as they walk into the games together. Their probably roommates too. Cute.
Then there was this, this was pretty cute too. Kovalchuk’s got some crazy hand movements at the beginning there, really impressive.
Oh and Segs, nice first goal. JEbs still beats yours though, sorry. Maybe next time.
Taylor Hall also got his first NHL point yesterday. Beauty pass Hallsy. You’re still not better than JEbs though. Sorry, it’s a hard name to beat.
Segs, Hallsy, don’t feel bad, it’s hard to equal up to the guy who did this:
Ohhh and this:
May 15, 2010
Jordan Eberle turning 20 years old today means no more World Juniors for him. Which is a bittersweet thing. He can move onto bigger things now. He’ll most likely be playing for Edmonton next year, and hopefully he can make a big difference for them. Yesterday, he made his debut for Team Canada in the Worlds, notching a goal and three assists. Not. Too. Shabby. 20’s a big year. So, drinks, Jordan?
January 6, 2010
I just can’t deal.
Jordan Eberle is a hero.
I am so proud of my boys.
January 5, 2010
Everyone knows what’s going down tonight. The guys in my school fully decked out in jerseys and flags know what’s going down. I know what’s going down tonight, wearing my lucky Canada sweater I got for Christmas which is 5-0. Even the people who don’t follow hockey know what’s going down tonight. So grab your friends, you beer and your jersey. Bring your hope and faith and pride. Because, tonight, Canada’s going to make it 6 in a row. Not without a fight, but they’ll do it. We’re better. We have everything it takes to win this game. We may have just barely made it out of the last game vs the US alive, but we know what they’re like now, and we know what to expect. Don’t even try to tell me that we’re losing tonight. We’re not. That gold medal already has Team Canada’s name on it. We’re showing up to claim it. Canada USA. Tonight. Canada wins, tonight. USA sees a silver medal around their necks, and a gold one around Canada’s. Tonight, Jordan Eberle get’s another chance to be Mr. Canada again. Tonight, I have faith. Let’s do this.
January 1, 2010
That game last night? Canada USA? It was crazy. They were down 4-2, I went and put on my lucky Canada sweater that I got for Christmas, and the entire game turned around. I now know what I’m going to wear everyday until the gold medal game. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a game like that. Dates way back to the Canada/Russia semi-final last year. Last minute heroics is what we do, and we did it. One thing that bothered me was that after Hamonic’s goal was disallowed, the Canadian fans at the game were throwing garbage on this ice. Please, you’re making the rest of us look bad.
- Pierre McGuire has some sort of obsession with dirty pond water.
- Jordan Eberle and I are getting married this summer. The boy’s heroics have stolen my heart.
- When time came around for the shootout, I was lacking so much oxygen from not breathing, I thought I was going to pass out and miss it.
- Jake Allen sorta gimped out after he stopped Schroeders shot. He went to run to the bench and celebrate, but then decided that doing a huge belly flop and sliding half way down the ice would be more fun.
- If the gold medal game is HALF as good as this one was, I’m never going to complain again in my life
- My Jordan Eberle jersey is 4-0.
- I was actually glad they disallowed the Hamonic goal. The shoot out was crazy.
- Tyler Johnson and Jordan Eberle were named Player of the Game for each player’s respective team. I’ll be having a double wedding with these two, if that’s at all legal.
- 365 DAYS ‘TILL WE DO IT ALL AGAIN!
- Let’s go CANADA!!!! Semi-Finals here we come!
December 28, 2009
The World Junior Championship kicked off on Boxing Day with a 16-0 blowout by Canada over the Latvians. It was worse than the Kazakhstan game I went to in Ottawa last year. I was one of only a few thousand people still standing up after the tenth goal. I love it. I think the reason I love watching Baby Canada obliterate smaller, unfortunate teams that no one knows their location is that I rarely get to see this on a daily basis with my team. The Ottawa Senators are shit. That’s why I take so much pride in my Baby Canadians, cause I know they’ll win for me. Reliability.
- Gabriel Bourque had seven points in the game against Latvia. He tied two other players for this record. Huge.
- Taylor Hall madness has started. Oh, how I’m excited for this. Johnny Taylor Fever.
- Jordan Eberle returns. Two goals the other night. He’s going on the back of my jersey.
- Patrice Cormier gets the ‘C’.
- Windsor Spitfires take over Canada. 3 Spits on the team.
- Ryan Ellis is still boss. No surprise there.
- Oh, and, that Jake Allen kid? I’m going to marry him.
- Jared Cowan makes the cut. Represent.
- The Other Schenn gets his crack at Gold. Maybe Luke will shut the fuck up one of these days and let Brayden have his moment.
- OH, HUGE NEWS. BRANDON MCMILLIAN MADE THE TEAM. That’s right. Tyler Myers may not be on the team this year, but his best friend is.
- Switzerland tonight. It’s already 2-0.
- GO CANADA GO!
- Oh look, Kadri just scored. WOOO. 3-0
- JORDAN EBERLE. 4-0